Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Poll Results

Polleverywhere.com: The rules went fine and everything.. they followed them. One kid texted another kid in class, that's about the worst that happened. It was such a hassle getting my LCD projector set up... then getting to the website.. then when you hook up the LCD it blows the graphs out of proportion and so the kids couldn't see the right numbers... then because they only saw some of the numbers they voted for whatever.. so not even putting thought into the ?. So i'm going to just wait to try it again when I get my Activboard. But I'm also getting clickers with my whiteboard, so that might be a good alternative.

I'm struggling with the fact that my students still seem to be failing their assessments in their regular math classes. I'm in a tough position--I'm only in my 2nd year of teaching, so there's no way I am going to approach a veteran teacher and ask how the topic is being approached, because I don't want to be in the position of making myself look like a fool. Hopefully the 6th graders will do better with the new approach that the Math Expressions Curriculum takes.

To Be continued...

No comments: