Monday, July 27, 2009

I've blogged before in the past, but they all lasted about 2.5 days, and then I got sick of it. But yesterday at work I was reading an article in the news paper about a lady who started a blog about arts and crafts and it then turned into a blog about her soon to be ex husband, his affair and charges of molestation on their daughter. This blog really captured my attention as I read a while back in her posts. She is a great writer! I have no knack or talent for writing-- give me a math problem instead. But I thought, maybe if I had an audience that I was writing a blog to, like she does, I'll get into it. So I'm going to give this a shot, see how it goes, and hope that I don't abandon it after 3.5 days this time.


I was trying to figure out a catchy name for the blog... couldn't really think of much, so onto the URL. Well, I'm basically being torn between two states right now (mind you, they are only 15 miles apart, yet still, it's two states.) Live in one, work in the other. So I thought, WI and MN or... wimin! (like the word women?!) Then I stuck a little live in front of the wimin and came up with livinwimin... living in wi and mn, or living women, which ever you prefer. However, the more appropriate of the women one would be "living woman", because I am only one. So that's the story.

Quick intro; I lived in Minnesota for the first 18 years of my life moved to wisconsin for college, then last year came back to Minnesota to live, but got a job teaching in Wisconsin. Now just bought a house in Minnesota (close on 7-31, excited a bit much) but continue to work in Wisco once school starts up again in the fall. Minnesota Resident, Wisconsin Worker. Figure out that tax situation.

Speaking of house, I'm going to write the idiots guide to buying your first home because there have been too many things that I've learned that I never knew about until they blindsided me.

Anyways. The brother needs to be taken to the dentist and since the dad took away his car, that leaves the sister to bring him there.

Here's to making this last for more than 3.5 days. Cross your fingers and leave me a comment.

No comments: